In this episode, Amy and Dana break down what they’ve learned after collectively querying nearly a hundred agents over four years. And while they both ultimately chose to publish via small presses, many authors want an agent. So here is our best advice on deciding if you want an agent and how to get one.
Here is a list of many of the resources we talked about in today’s episode. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions!
- Check out all the happenings at the Writer’s Workout.
- How to Make and Author Press Kit.
- What is traditional publishing?
- Check out Writer’s Beware for a list of agents and publishers to consider avoiding.
- Bookends Literary Agency YouTube Channel.
- Manuscript Wish List (MSWL).
- Query Tracker
- Publishers Marketplace
- Jane Friedman’s Resources
- Patrick Hopkins “The Queery Helpline” and his 7 Ways to Nail Your Query along with a link to his resources page.
- The Shit No One Tells You About Writing Comps Service
- Query Shark
Here is a resource our Queery Helpline host, Patrick recommended for searching for agents. Reedsy
Leave a Reply