In this episode, Amy and Dana interview cozy mystery and sweet romance author, Jennifer Vido.
Jennifer Vido is the author of the Gull Island sweet romance series. An avid booklover, she interviews bestselling authors for her weekly Jen’s Jewels column on FreshFiction.com. A longtime Arthritis Foundation advocate, she teaches seniors an arthritis-friendly water exercise class in the morning before heading to the office to serve as the executive director of a legal non-profit in her community. The proud mom of two sons, she currently lives in Maryland with her husband, two rescue dogs, and a finicky calico cat.
Topics Discussed in this Episode
- Fresh Fiction – easy, accessible, and informative data to popular fiction readers on current authors and their available books. You can read Jennifer’s Jen’s Jewels book reviews each Friday.
- Tips for writing a great book blurb.
- Using the senses to immerse the reader in the setting.
- Clever ways to title books in a series.
- Using minor characters in one novel as main characters in another.
- Jen’s process in writing a detailed first draft.
- Romance reader expectations
Jennifer’s #1 Tip for Writers
Consistency – Jen writes daily. Even if it’s one sentence.
Jennifer’s Contact Info
Facebook: Jennifer Vido, Author
Jennifer’s page on Wild Rose Press
Buy Serendipity by the Sea
Leave a Reply